The Oyo State Government has approved 14 roads in the state for routine maintenance in order to ease vehicular movement for the good people of the state.
The Executive Council gave the approval for the routine maintenance of the roads at the recently held weekly meeting of the council. Commissioner for Information, Mr Arulogun explained that the state government would not relent in its infrastructural development drive and ensuring good roads for safety of lives of the citizenry.
The approved roads and scope of work for the routine maintenance includes but are not limited to;
- Asphaltic Improvement of Beere-Oranyan-Orita Aperin road
2. Asphaltic Rehabilitation of Ogbomoso High School — Baptist High School Road (Phase I)
3. Reconstruction of failed existing double 3m x 3m x 11m Box culvert on Akoko stream along Ilero-Iganna Road
4. Provision of informatory Traffic Signs around the State High Court at Ring Road and Iyaganku, Ibadan.
5. Asphaltic Rehabilitation of Oroki — Emmanuel Alayande College of Education, Oyo (Phase I)
6. Asphaltic Rehabilitation and underpinning of eroded concrete base of existing culvert outlet near Heritage Bank Iyana Church and Oyeniyan B/Stop along Iwo Road, Olodo Road.
7. Asphaltic rehabilitation of Ariyo Box culvert Approaches, Olorunsogo/Akanran road, Ibadan
8. Asphaltic Repair of Potholes around Danax — Mokola Roundabout — Sabo — Parliament Road — Secretariat Roundabout — Custom — VIO Office — Government House — Secretariat Roundabout roaD
9. Asphaltic Improvement of Iyaganku — N.T.C Road; Asphaltic Improvement of Eleta — Odinjo-Muslim Overhead Bridge
10. Repair/Reinstatement of vandalised Steel Barricade under Mokola Flyover at Mokola, Ibadan
11. Asphaltic Construction of Ologuneru Junction — Abanla — Alafara Junction
12. Asphaltic Rehabilitation of Oje Ibadan — Mobil, Yemetu Junction with spur to Adeoyo Hospitral, Yemetu road.
13. Asphaltic Rehabilitation of Idi Arere-Popo Yemoja-Oke Ado with spur to Bode Market.