Ikare-Akoko, the headquarters of Akoko North East Local Government Area of Ondo State was on Sunday evening thrown into serious mourning following the death of a 60 year old woman and her grand-daughter of about four years in an inferno.
The duo were reportedly burnt to death when a bungalow located less than two poles to Ikare fire station caught fire in the night.
The woman whose identity could not be immediately confirmed, slept alone in the room with her child.
Daily Sun gathered that the deceased persons struggled to escape from the inferno they were eventually trapped in the fire.
An eye witness, Precious Oluboyo said co-residents tried to suppress the fire with water from the well but to no avail.
He alleged that candle light caused the inferno, stressing that there was no electricity in the whole Akoko division comprising four Local Government Areas in the last on year.
A community leader, Chief Saliu Okola flayed the present administration in the state for not doing much on the provision of fire fighting equipment.
He called on the governor-elect, Mr Rotimi Akeredolu (SAN) to recruit fire fighting officers with necessary equipment in its offices across the state.
The Vicar-in- charge of St Stephen Anglican Cathedral Church, Ikare-Akoko where the woman was a communicant, Ven Joshua Idowu described the deceased as a devout christian.
According to the cleric, the woman was a humane personality who was an example of a good christian.
Her neighbour, Mrs Aminat Adekunle said they would miss her good disposition and honesty.