Inside Ibadan

OYSG reiterates FG’s commitment to Home Grown School feeding prog

The Oyo State Government has reiterated that the Federal Government initiated Home Grown School Feeding Program will continue in the state, saying that recent challenges being faced are due to logistic problems from the initiator of the programme, FG.

The State Commissioner for Education, Science and Technology, Professor Adeniyi Olowofela said in a statement on Monday that Federal government has been contacted and they have assured that the challenges will be resolved this week.

Olowofela stressed that the Federal government pays directly to the food vendors engaged to prepare meals for the pupils, noting that Oyo state Ministry of Education, Science and Technology has the supervisory role which it has been performed dutifully.

He explained that the payment of N72m for the first two weeks which was from Monday, January 30th to February 10, 2017, was paid to 60% of the engaged vendors while the remaining 40% of the vendors have issues with their Bank Verification Number (BVN), account not matching with names, wrong account details among others.

The Commissioner further pointed out that the state government has reached out to the federal government to inform them that payment for the current two weeks has not been paid and the Federal government has reassured that vendors will be credited this week and the hitch delaying payment will be finally resolved.

Olowofela therefore allayed the fear of pupils, vendors, parents and the general public that the program will resume immediately payment is made saying, “Both the federal and state government are much committed to the program and the development of our children. We should all understand that there are problems associated with financial payment at times. We will like to remind the general public that the programme is part of the federal government social investment initiative and money is paid directly to the vendors.”

Facebook Comments
Foodstore-Takeover-1190x124

About the author

admin

Add Comment

Click here to post a comment